Massage Therapy in Nassau County & Long Island
Call Hicksville Therapy today or stop by the desk and book an appointment for a therapeutic/medical massage. SOME INSURANCES ACCEPTED!.
Here are some good reasons why booking a physical therapy massage at Hicksville Physical Therapy is in your very best interest.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Current research shows that massage therapy can help the body heal itself. Increased circulation, relaxed muscles, improved lymph flow, decreased pain and reduced stress are just a few of the key benefits you’ll experience from a therapeutic medical massage.
The combination of physical therapy and massage therapy enhances the patients “wellness program” as both disciplines complement each other and strive to achieve the same goal. Through a variety of massage therapy techniques and styles the licensed massage therapists at Hicksville Physical Therapy on Long Island meet with their clients, evaluate the client’s condition and concerns, and discuss what type of massage will bring about the best results.
Massage Therapy can…
- Relax and soften injured and overused muscles.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Increase range of motion.
- Improve circulation (which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs).
- Reduce stress (According to the American Psychological Association 43% of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress. In addition, 75 to 90 percent of all physician office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints.)
- Enhance immunity (stimulates the flow of lymph fluid, the body’s natural defense system).
- Facilitate natural pain relief. (release endorphins – your body’s natural painkiller).
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improve the condition of our body’s largest organ – the skin. (massagetherapy.com)
- Naturally speed up the healing process.
Massage Therapy has been shown to help clients who live with
- Chronic pain
- Muscle tension
- Back, neck, shoulder pain
- Carpal Tunnel
- Sleep problems
- Post surgical adhesions and more!
Our licensed Nassau County massage therapists all have advanced experience in medical and therapeutic massage and are deeply committed to helping individuals reach their wellness goals. They all incorporates effective massage techniques and modalities into their customized treatment sessions to help improve a client’s range of motion, increase circulation, decrease pain, relax muscle tissue, and help the mind and body connection to recognize holding patterns that keep us from healing as effectively as possible. Commonly used techniques include therapeutic massage, medical massage, Swedish, myofascial release, Ortho Bionomy, reflexology, active release technique, deep tissue, sports massage and stretching to assist their clients in feeling the best they can feel.